Ready to take the next step? We are so glad you believe The Burlington School is the best place for your child to prepare for a bright future! The following process was designed to personalize the admissions process for each prospective student and their family. Our goal is to ensure that all incoming students can thrive in our learning community, while allowing you to get acquainted with teachers and staff.
The complete application can be found here. The information below provides a quick look at what each grade requires for an admission decision.
All Grade Levels
• Visit us! If you haven’t already, contact our front office, at 336-228-0296 to schedule a campus tour. This visit will allow you to meet our team face to face and have any final questions answered.
• Complete the Application for Enrollment and mail it to:
1615 Greenwood Terrace
Attn: Admissions Office
Burlington, NC 27215.
Please include your non-refundable application fee of $100.
• Schedule a Student Observation and Interview. This could take place during your family’s campus tour or at another time.
• Fill out the Authorization for Release of Records form so that we can request transcripts from your child’s current school.
• Schedule a test date. Contact our Office of Admissions at 336-228-0296 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to take a TBS-administered test.
• Apply for Tuition Aid, if needed, through Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS). The full process is explained here. The online forms are found here.
Lower School Admission: Supplemental Items
• In addition to the above, please provide Educator Recommendation Forms (included in the application packet) from your child’s primary teachers.
Middle and Upper School Admission: Supplemental Items
• Two Educator Recommendation Forms (included in the application packet) are required for students entering our Middle or Upper School. Please provide one recommendation from each of the following:
An English or humanities teacher
A math or science teacher
• A 250-word student writing sample is also required. Please select from the prompts outlined at the conclusion of the Application for Enrollment.
Questions? Contact Us Today!
We understand that applying for admission at an independent school can be both an exciting and daunting process. We hope you will lean on our team for support as you move through the necessary steps toward becoming a Spartan. If you have any questions about the process outlined above, please contact us today at 336-228-0296.